Friday, October 26, 2012

Brad Aho is taking credit for my idea

Yesterday's Eden Prairie News included an election commentary by Aho in which he stated that he "initiated" the Budget Advisory Commission. As a city commission can only be created by an act of the city council, which requires 3 votes, Aho must have been trying to claim that the BAC was his idea, or that he championed it.

In fact, the BAC was my idea. I first raised it at a March 2005 city council meeting. I didn't have the votes to pass it, so it languished until after the 2006 elections, when Jon Duckstad joined the council.
I raised the issue at council meetings in January and February of 2007. I made the motion which created the BAC in March of 2007; Duckstad seconded the motion. Sure, Aho voted for it; but that hardly qualifies as "initiating."

Aho no more "initiated" the BAC than Al Gore invented the internet.

Indeed the only motion regarding the BAC which Aho made was the motion in February of 2011 (after Jon and I left the council) to neuter the BAC. For some reason he didn't mention that in his commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment