Thursday, October 27, 2011

breakfast with Gary

I had breakfast with my friend Gary today.  I've known Gary for almost ten years but our routine of having breakfasts together began about 18 months ago.  Since then, he emails and texts me and we get together every six weeks or so.  He's been a good friend, forcing me to engage and interact even when I didn't want to.  He's done it just right--not too pushy but enough so that i'll feel bad if I blow him off. 

There's rarely an agenda for our meetings, although recently that's changed a little bit. But, one thing remains true-i always leave our meetings with a smile on my face. 

I'm an introvert by nature and not-at-all easy to engage. But, I'm grateful that Gary has put up with my bs.  Everyone needs a friend like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment